Savory Crêpes Recipe
Crêpe lasagna with goat cheese and Bolognese
Introducing a unique and indulgent twist on a classic Italian favorite - Goat Cheese Bolognese Crêpe Lasagna made with the Gluten-Free Flipcrêpes Buckwheat-Millet crêpe mix. This decadent dish combines layers of savory Bolognese sauce, creamy goat cheese, and delicate crepes made with the finest gluten-free ingredients. Each bite is a symphony of flavors and textures that will leave you longing for more. Whether you're gluten intolerant or simply looking for a deliciously different take on traditional lasagna, this Goat Cheese Bolognese crêpe Lasagna is sure to impress.
Prep: 40 min.
Cook Time : 30 min.
- 150g Flipcrêpes Buckwheat Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1.1/4 Whole Milk (Dairy-free)
- 500g Roma type tomatoes
- 400g Chopped steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 3cl dry white wine
- 100g grated goat cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat mix, eggs, and whole milk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl to create a thin crepe. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 8 crepes.
Hint: if the batter does not cover the pan easily, the batter may be too thick still. Add a little water/milk to the batter to calibrate and try again.
- Start by preparing the filling. Make a cross cut in the skin of each tomato and immerse them in boiling water for a few seconds. Then refresh them in cold water, peel them and cut them into quarters. Remove the seeds and cut the flesh into pieces.
- Peel and slice the onion. Crush the garlic clove using a garlic press to extract the pulp. Peel and cut the carrot into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic, carrot and tomato puree for 5 minutes over medium heat. Season with a little salt.
- Add the chopped steak and brown it for 5 minutes, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon to crumble the meat.
- Pour in the white wine and add the thyme and bay leaf. Then add the tomato flesh and continue cooking for 30 minutes over low heat. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the crêpes according to the instructions on the left or above.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Take a rectangular baking dish and start by spreading a layer of Bolognese sauce on the bottom. Add a layer of crêpes on top and repeat the process until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Finish with a layer of Bolognese sauce and sprinkle the grated goat cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious goat cheese crêpe lasagna!
Checkout our other recipes.
Crêpe lasagna with goat cheese and BologneseIntroducing a unique and indulgent twist on a classic Italian favorite - Goat Cheese Bolognese Crêpe Lasagna made with the Gluten-Free Flipcrêpes Buckwheat-Millet crêpe mix. This decadent dish combines layers of savory Bolognese sauce, creamy goat cheese, and delicate crepes made with the finest gluten-free ingredients.
Frangipane CrêpesDespite its association with fancy pastry chefs, Frangipane is actually one of the simplest and most versatile recipes in a chef's toolkit. This delectable ingredient can be used in numerous ways, beyond just tarts, and it pairs particularly well with fall fruits such as pears, as well as stone fruits like cherries and apricots.
La complète on buckwheat galetteDefinitely on of the most popular galette in France is, La Complète which consist of grated Emmental cheese, a slice of ham, and an egg cooked on top.
Goat cheese & Honey Crêpe Samosas
These crêpe samosas are not only elegant, but also perfect for sharing as appetizers or serving at receptions. With the ability to customize the fillings and flavors of the crêpes, these samosas can even be adapted to include sweet dessert fillings.
Additionally, feel free to experiment with different toppings. For example, cheeses with bold flavors like blues, Brie de Meaux, or Reblochon can take these crêpe samosas to the next level of deliciousness.
Shop Flipcrêpes Gluten Free Crêpe Mixes.
GF Original Vanilla Mix
$10.50Sale price $9.35
GF Buckwheat Mix
$10.00Sale price $8.80
Subscription Box of 3 Crêpe Mix
$28.77Sale price From $23.76