Sweet Crêpes Recipe
Cherry & Cream Crêpe Cups
If you're looking for a delightful treat to serve at your next party, our mini Cherry & Cream Crêpe Cups are an excellent choice, particularly for events where food is passed around on trays. These crêpe cups have a crunchy texture and are sturdy enough to hold a creamy or mousse-based filling without becoming soggy, especially if you assemble them at the last minute. While Amarena Cherries are an excellent ingredient for this recipe, feel free to use any seasonal fruits of your choice, such as blueberries, kiwi, or mango.
Prep: 20 min.
Cook Time : 5 min.
- 150g Flipcrêpes Original Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1.1/4 Whole Milk (Dairy-free)
- 1/2 oz of dark rum (optional)
Filling & Topping:
- 8oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1.25 cup heavy whipping cream (296 ml)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (65 g)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- Amarena cherries (or fresh fruit)
- Place 150g crêpe mix in medium-large mixing bowl, and dig a little well in the middle.
- crack eggs and place in the little well.
- Pour half of the milk in bowl and start wisking
- add the remainder of milk, and continue incorporate slowly with wisk until the batter is homogenous.
- Let rest for 15-20 minutes
- Heat-up a 9"-10"crêpe pan over medium burner.
- When pan is hot (no smoke) Add a little butter in center and grease up with paper towel or griddle wiper.
- Use a 3oz laddle or 1/3 cup measuring cup and pour batter in pan. Tilt & rotate the pan so the batter covers the whole pan.
- When the sides of crêpe is brown, flip in the pan to cook other side for 10-20 seconds.
- Remove from pan and put aside in a plate.
Hint: if the batter does not cover the pan easily, the batter may be too thick still. Add a little water/milk to the batter to calibrate and try again.
Cream Filling Instructions
- Chill the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, spoon the mascarpone cream into the bowl and beat it at medium-low speed (speed 3 on a stand mixer). Slowly pour in about 1 cup of heavy cream, allowing the mascarpone cheese to turn into a liquid consistency.
- Add the remaining heavy cream and increase the mixing speed to high (speed 8-10). Beat the mixture until soft peaks form.
- Incorporate the powdered sugar and vanilla extract by beating the mixture on low speed until the sugar is fully mixed in. Then, increase the mixing speed to high until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the whipped mascarpone cream into a piping bag.
- Use a piping nozzle of your choice to pipe the cream into the center of each crêpe cup, creating a blob.
- Top off each crêpe cup with Amarena cherries or other seasonal fruits as desired.
Checkout our other recipes.
Fluffy Chocolate Crêpe Cake
Indulge in a unique twist on the classic Crêpe cake with this Fluffy Chocolate Crêpe Cake. What sets it apart is the incredibly light and airy texture of the crêpes, achieved by beating egg whites and folding them into the batter. While cooking crêpes soufflé may require a bit more time and effort, the end result is absolutely worth it!
Crêpes SuzetteCrêpes Suzette is a classic French dessert that has been enjoyed for over a century. It is said to have originated in the late 19th century, when a young waiter accidentally set fire to a dish of crêpes he was preparing for the Prince of Wales' entourage. The quick-thinking chef who came to his rescue managed to turn the mistake into a delicious dessert by adding sugar, butter, orange juice, and Grand Marnier to the pan, creating a caramelized sauce that he poured over the crêpes. The dish was named after the young prince's companion, Suzette, and became an instant hit among French aristocrats and high society. Today, Crêpes Suzette is still considered a luxurious and elegant dessert, often served in fine dining restaurants and special occasions around the world.
Cherry & Cream Crêpe CupsIf you're looking for a delightful treat to serve at your next party, our mini Cherry & Cream Crêpe Cups are an excellent choice, particularly for events where food is passed around on trays. These crêpe cups have a crunchy texture and are sturdy enough to hold a creamy or mousse-based filling without becoming soggy, especially if you assemble them at the last minute. While Amarena Cherries are an excellent ingredient for this recipe, feel free to use any seasonal fruits of your choice, such as blueberries, kiwi, or mango.
Crêpe lasagna with goat cheese and BologneseIntroducing a unique and indulgent twist on a classic Italian favorite - Goat Cheese Bolognese Crêpe Lasagna made with the Gluten-Free Flipcrêpes Buckwheat-Millet crêpe mix. This decadent dish combines layers of savory Bolognese sauce, creamy goat cheese, and delicate crepes made with the finest gluten-free ingredients.
Shop Flipcrêpes Gluten Free Crêpe Mixes.
GF Original Vanilla Mix
$10.50Sale price $9.35
GF Buckwheat Mix
$10.00Sale price $8.80
Subscription Box of 3 Crêpe Mix
$28.77Sale price From $23.76