- VEGAN GELATIN SUBSTITUTE â€“ Agar agar powder is a vegan gelatin substitute derived from red algae, and can be used to thicken, gel, emulsify and stabilize.
- QUALITY GEL STRENGTH â€“ Agar agar sets more firmly than gelatin, creating a firm and brittle gel that can tolerate salt, sugar, alcohol and acid environments.
- ONE ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENT â€“ Our agar agar powder only has one ingredient: agar. This makes it so that you can be confident that there are no preservatives/additives or extra ingredients that you didnâ€™t sign up for.
- USES â€“ Agar is typically used in asian desserts, or to thicken jellies, soups, ice cream, fruit preserves, custards and puddings. You can also use it to stabilize whipped cream and meringue toppings.
- HOW TO USE â€“ Sets at 35Â°- 45Â°C. Melts again at 85Â°C. Agar needs to be first dissolved in water (or another liquid like milk, fruit juices, tea, stockâ€¦) and then brought to a boil. It will set as the ingredients cool down. You cannot add agar powder directly into your food.
Details: A white powder derived from red algae used to thicken, gel, emulsify, and stabilize. It is a natural vegetable gelatin counterpart. Creates firm, brittle gel and is the core ingredient to making fluids gels. Tolerates salt, sugar, alcohol and acid environments. Sets at 35Â°- 45Â°C. Melts again at 85Â°C. Agar is used in Asian desserts and can also be used in jellies, puddings and custards. It can be used as a stabilizer for whipped cream or meringue toppings. Usage level- 0.5-3%. Agar needs to be first dissolved in water (or another liquid like milk, fruit juices, tea, stockâ€¦) and then brought to a boil. It will set as the ingredients cool down. You cannot add agar powder directly into your food. Powder for Texture is a range of ingredients that are used to create a vast array of unique textures with foods and beverages. These ingredients are the basis for many molecular cuisine and mixology techniques. You may have seen the products on Canada AM, Global TV's 16 x 9, the Space Channel, etc. These ingredients are used in techniques like spherification, gelification, aeration, emulsification, etc. The world's best and most creative restaurants use unique ingredients to create signature, mind-blowing dishes.
Package Dimensions: 9.0 x 4.4 x 0.8 inches