Brand: Iya Foods
- Only one ingredient
- For cooking, baking, pastries, waffles, pancakes and more
- Natural Plant-based flour
- No grain, gluten, preservatives, additives or added color
Details: Our top selling flour. Customers love it. Made entirely with green plantains. it tastes great in recipes and won't crumble like many gluten-free flours. Swap completely with regular flour in recipes using 3/4 cup in place of 1 cup of flour.
Plantain flour is a staple food in many tropical regions of the world and used in similar ways as regular flour. Plantains are a member of the banana family and are very popular in West Africa, South America and the Caribbean.
It is usually boiled, fried, baked or grilled as a side dish. For use in baking, pastries, waffles, pancakes, breads, soups and more.
To make plantain waffles:
Ingredients (4-6 Servings):
2 cups plantain Flour
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
half tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp oil or melted unsalted butter
1 cup water
1) Mix all ingredients in a mixer or bowl.
2) Follow your waffle iron instructions. Add some water if too thick or more flour if too runny.
3) Serve hot with your favorite toppings
Package Dimensions: 10.0 x 5.0 x 2.0 inches