Savory Crêpes Recipe
Goat cheese & Honey Crêpe Samosas
These crêpe samosas are not only elegant, but also perfect for sharing as appetizers or serving at receptions. With the ability to customize the fillings and flavors of the crêpes, these samosas can even be adapted to include sweet dessert fillings.
Additionally, feel free to experiment with different toppings. For example, cheeses with bold flavors like blues, Brie de Meaux, or Reblochon can take these crêpe samosas to the next level of deliciousness.
Prep: 30 min.
Cook Time : 5 min.
- 150g Flipcrêpes Buckwheat Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1.1/4 Whole Milk (Dairy-free)
Filling & Topping:
200g Fresh Goat cheese
100g Crushed walnut kernels
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat mix, eggs, and whole milk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl to create a thin crepe. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 8 crepes.
Hint: if the batter does not cover the pan easily, the batter may be too thick still. Add a little water/milk to the batter to calibrate and try again.
- Cut the crepes in half to create semi-circles. On one half of each crepe, place a spoonful of goat cheese at the bottom, then drizzle with a little honey and sprinkle with crushed walnut kernels.
- Fold the crepe in half to create a long rectangle, then fold the crepe into small, tight triangles, closing by sliding the last pancake side into the fold. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the samosas and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a sauce of your choice, and enjoy!
Note: This recipe yields 16 samosas, serving 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course.
Checkout our other recipes.
Crêpes SuzetteCrêpes Suzette is a classic French dessert that has been enjoyed for over a century. It is said to have originated in the late 19th century, when a young waiter accidentally set fire to a dish of crêpes he was preparing for the Prince of Wales' entourage. The quick-thinking chef who came to his rescue managed to turn the mistake into a delicious dessert by adding sugar, butter, orange juice, and Grand Marnier to the pan, creating a caramelized sauce that he poured over the crêpes. The dish was named after the young prince's companion, Suzette, and became an instant hit among French aristocrats and high society. Today, Crêpes Suzette is still considered a luxurious and elegant dessert, often served in fine dining restaurants and special occasions around the world.
Cherry & Cream Crêpe CupsIf you're looking for a delightful treat to serve at your next party, our mini Cherry & Cream Crêpe Cups are an excellent choice, particularly for events where food is passed around on trays. These crêpe cups have a crunchy texture and are sturdy enough to hold a creamy or mousse-based filling without becoming soggy, especially if you assemble them at the last minute. While Amarena Cherries are an excellent ingredient for this recipe, feel free to use any seasonal fruits of your choice, such as blueberries, kiwi, or mango.
Crêpe lasagna with goat cheese and BologneseIntroducing a unique and indulgent twist on a classic Italian favorite - Goat Cheese Bolognese Crêpe Lasagna made with the Gluten-Free Flipcrêpes Buckwheat-Millet crêpe mix. This decadent dish combines layers of savory Bolognese sauce, creamy goat cheese, and delicate crepes made with the finest gluten-free ingredients.
Frangipane CrêpesDespite its association with fancy pastry chefs, Frangipane is actually one of the simplest and most versatile recipes in a chef's toolkit. This delectable ingredient can be used in numerous ways, beyond just tarts, and it pairs particularly well with fall fruits such as pears, as well as stone fruits like cherries and apricots.
Shop Flipcrêpes Gluten Free Crêpe Mixes.
GF Original Vanilla Mix
$10.50Sale price $9.35
GF Buckwheat Mix
$10.00Sale price $8.80
Subscription Box of 3 Crêpe Mix
$28.77Sale price From $23.76